Neoen is committed to fair and open engagement with the local community around the Crystal Brook Energy Park. As the developer, owner and operator of the energy park, Neoen’s approach to community engagement follows a best practice Community Engagement Policy to ensure that open dialogue and information transfer can occur with local residents, stakeholders and the wider community in an efficient manner.
This approach seeks to ensure that there are ‘no surprises’ for the community and that a long-term relationship is maintained between the project team and all project stakeholders.
Development of the Crystal Brook Energy Park will produce economic benefits for the Crystal Brook area well before the first megawatt of electricity is generated. Scientists, consultants and company representatives will continue to visit the area, providing income for the accommodation and service sectors. Neoen will utilise local expertise, plant and materials wherever possible as well as providing a fund to provide sponsorship of local community projects.
Once construction begins, up to 250 direct and 400 indirect jobs are expected to be created during the 12-month construction phase. The construction phase will also produce a large boost to the local accommodation, plant hire, fuel and service sectors.
During operation, the Crystal Brook Energy Park will provide permanent, ongoing employment for a small team of approximately 10 people required to operate and maintain the asset.
If you have skills that may be useful during the design, construction or operation of the energy park, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details and a brief summary of the services and skills you can provide.
Neoen is committed to working with the local community to ensure a transparent engagement process and successful project.
The objectives of the community engagement process are:
- To establish and strengthen relationships with community members and stakeholder groups.
- To keep the community and stakeholders informed about the project through the provision of timely, regular and factual project information.
- To provide opportunities for the community and stakeholders to ask questions and to identify areas of concern regarding the project.
- To consider community and stakeholder concerns and maintain transparency in the project design and implementation.
- To identify opportunities for local business involvement in the implementation of the project.
- To provide a framework for stakeholder and community feedback to influence the development of the final project.
Neoen would encourage you to share your thoughts about the project. Please email: email@example.com and provide your comments and a contact number.
Neoen invite you to attend our Community Open Day on Monday 26 March 2018. This information session is an informal event designed to provide you with updated information about the project. At the open day you will be able to meet the project team and view display materials and maps. There will be no formal presentations or speeches given so feel free to visit at any time during the session to speak in person to our project team.
When: Monday 26 March 2018, 3pm to 7pm
Where: CWA Hall, 48 Bowman St, Crystal Brook, South Australia, 5523