Our complaints process
Our complaint process has been developed in line with Australian and New Zealand standard guidelines for complaint management in organisations, and recommendations from publications by the National Wind Farm Commissioner.
The process involves these key steps:
Receive & Register
Record & Register
Step 1: Receive & Register
For inquiries or concerns, we will address these directly.
For any complaints, we follow the following process (if they apply):
- your name and address
- a unique reference number for the complaint, which we will give you
- your concerns, including the date, time, conditions and a description of your complaint.
GPO Box 1950 Canberra,
Step 2: Acknowledge
If it is urgent, we will respond within 24 hours. If we write to you, we keep a copy and date of the correspondence on file.
When we acknowledge your complaint, we will:
- provide a summary of your complaint with a reference number
- clarify any issues or ask for more information
- say how we may investigate it
- say how long it may take us to respond.
If we can easily resolve the complaint, we may respond immediately.
Step 3: Investigate
We investigate every complaint, and make all reasonable attempts to resolve it. The project manager may do this, or ask one of our staff to do it.
We keep accurate records of the investigation including meetings, discussions and activities.
When we investigate, we may:
- visit the site, especially if your complaint relates to property damage
- consult with our staff and contractors, including senior management
- get relevant data and evidence (such as for a dust or noise complaint)
- contact other community members.
Step 4: Respond
After we investigate, we will contact you with our results. This includes what we have found, and what we may do to resolve it.
Step 5: Close
If the process has been completed appropriately, then we will close the complaint. If you are not satisfied with the investigation and resolution, you have the right to request a review.
This will be undertaken by a Neoen Senior Manager to ensure the process has been properly followed.
If you remain unsatisfied with Neoen’s investigation and proposed resolution, you have the ability to contact other bodies, such as:
Step 6: Record and register
- The process we undertook to investigate and resolve the complaint
- The proposed resolution
- Whether this was accepted and how it was implemented
- Whether or not your complaint was resolved to your satisfaction
- The reason why the complaint was closed.